The Center for Computational Biology supports exceptionally trained, motivated and hard working graduate and postdoctoral students with interests in developing novel computational manifold atlases and algorithms for processing and analysis of imaging, genetics and phenomics data. There are two types of CCB fellowships – graduate and postgraduate fellowships.
- Graduate Summer Fellowships
The CCB is annually supporting several Summer (June, July August) graduate fellows to work on CCB projects under the direct supervision of the CCB Faculty. Applications are annually due by March 31 of each year.
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
The CCB is looking for bright, enthusiastic, experienced and research-oriented postdoctoral researchers. All CCB fellows work closely within our multidisciplinary team of faculty and researchers in developing new scientific methods and computational
software tools to support our modeling, visualization and analysis needs. We are continually accepting applications throughout the year. Requirements:
- PhD, MD, or equivalent, in mathematics, engineering, statistics, computer science or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years extensive experience with Java, C++, Matlab, Mathematica or similar programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, Mac and PC.
- Excellent team and independent environment working skills.
- Excellent background in mathematics, statistics, software design, code distribution and image processing.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly gain an understanding of complex systems and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- How to Apply?
Each potential applicant must first review in detail the aims and challenges addressed by the CCB investigators. Then the applicant will normally contact one CCB Principal Investigator before submitting a formal application. The Principal Investigator must be carefully selected with expertise in the applicant’s chosen field, and be interested and willing to serve as a mentor. Draft and submit a research proposal with your fellowship application to CCB. With your initial inquiry, please submit a complete biosketch. Send the dossier and research proposal directly to CCB or via email to email@example.com. Postdoctoral applicants should also arrange for 3-4 letters of support to be sent directly from colleagues and current mentors.